Making your home more environmentally friendly can be done in many ways, but all those investments cost a lot of money. You may have heard of an eco-credit or green loan, but what exactly is that?
Green loan as a credit to make your home more energy efficient
We can best describe a green loan as a credit to make your home more energy efficient. Think of solar panels, double or triple glazing, a high-efficiency boiler, insulation (read the article: 2020 roof insulation standard) and so on.
With an eco-credit you can invest in applications that more than recoup their value. You contribute to the environment, you can live more comfortably and you increase the value of your home.
What can I do with it?
You don’t just choose an eco-credit. In most cases, contributing to the environment provides you with a particularly advantageous interest rate. A condition is that you can submit a signed order form or invoice that relates to: the replacement or maintenance of an old boiler; the installation of a solar water heating system; the installation of solar cell panels for converting solar energy into electrical energy; the installation of a heat pump; the installation of high-efficiency glazing;
The insulation of roofs, floors and walls
- the installation of a heat control of the central heating installation by means of thermostatic valves, or by a room thermostat with a time switch;
- an energy audit for your home;
- the placement of a home automation system to optimize energy consumption
- the placement of a green roof;
- the placement of a pellet stove